My husband made these wonderfully spiced sausages. If you’re sick of bland food, this adds some nice flavor without being too hot.
2 patties contain 16 gms of protein.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together. It will be a bit sticky. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes for all flavors to meld.
- Heat a saucepan until hot, pour in a tablespoon of oil and spread it around.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, put 1 ounce sized dollops of the mixture about 2-3 inches apart. Smash them down into circles
- In 2-3 minutes when the bottoms are brown, carefully turn over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- You can either cook them all and freeze them in a ziplock baggie, or cook just what you need for meals.
- These are very soft and they were easy for us to eat.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.