Pressure Cooker Green Beans with Bacon
Pressure Cooker Green Beans with Bacon is a quick, low carb, nutritious dish that can eaten either as a side dish, or as your main low carb meal. Just beans, bacon, and a few seasonings make this a fast and easy dish in your Instant Pot.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
You could either put all the ingredients in the pressure cooker in the order listed, or you could follow the steps below.
Turn your Instant Pot or pressure cooker on Sauté, and follow the steps in this order.
Cut up the bacon and put it in the hot pressure cooker.
Start dicing the onion and put it in as you cut it.
Stir the bacon and onions and start cutting up the green beans.
Add the beans, water, salt and pepper to the pot.
Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, and release all pressure immediately.
Taste and add salt and pepper as needed before serving.
- I don't usually sauté the bacon. I put in all the ingredients, and just set the pot for 4 minutes. Think of this as a faster version of boiled pork for seasoning.
- These beans are falling apart tender, and full of flavor. If you like them crunchier, cook for 2 minutes under pressure. If you like them even softer, allow the pressure cooker to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure--or just let it release pressure naturally all the way for even more well-cooked green beans.
- You can also cut up small pieces of ham instead of bacon.
- You can also use frozen green beans for this recipe. You do not need to defrost the beans, nor do you need to increase the cooking time.
- If you avoid pork, use chicken or beef sausage cut up into small dice.
- If you want to make Instant Pot Green beans with Ham and Potatoes, use baby potatoes. Cut the potatoes into halves. Increase water to 1/2 cup. Use ham instead of bacon. Other than that, cook as directed.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 517mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 760IU | Vitamin C: 15.4mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.3mg