Instant Pot Pork Chops and Rice with Vegetables
For the days you're tired and harried, here's an 30-minute Instant Pot Pork Chops and Rice and Vegetables recipe that requires almost no effort. Throw everything into your pressure cooker, set it for 5 minutes, and walk away.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Place all ingredients into the inner liner of your pressure cooker in the order listed. Oil and onions at the bottom, rice with salt and pepper on top of that, pork chops on the rice, pour water and strew about the vegetables on top.
Be absolutely sure that the rice is sitting under the water otherwise it will not cook. If you use potatoes or other starchy vegetables, you may need to add water. If you don't rinse your rice, you may need to add a little extra water.
Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes, and allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure, and serve.
- Use thin pork chops so they cook with the rice.
- Do not exceed the quantities of vegetables called for, as you will have way too much water and mushy rice if you do that.
- This recipe makes a very soft rice so use the longest grain rice you can find and don't add extra water.
- The pork chops and vegetables will release plenty of water.
- Be sure the rice is well covered with water; push it down if you need to. If you don't your rice will not cook.
- If you have an 8 quart, DOUBLE THE RECIPE. Otherwise you may get a burn message
- Be sure to rinse the rice, else you may not have enough water in the recipe, and your rice may be very starchy and stick.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g