Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
This Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is a deliciously simple and low carb dish you're sure to love! It can be served as an appetizer, snack, or even as a main dish.
Prep Time10 mins
Resting Time30 mins
For the Shrimp
- 1/2 pound shrimp cooked, peeled, de-veined, and tails taken off
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Chop all pico de gallo ingredients (except avocado) into small cubes of uniform shape and size. I totally cheat and use a chopper to chop everything including the tomatoes. Just be sure to put the tomatoes skin side down and it will go through your onions, tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno and yes, even the cilantro. I use this pull chopper or this push chopper
and love them both!
Mix all ingredients for sauce.
Mix sauce with chopped vegetables and shrimp and let it sit on the counter to let the flavors marry. If longer than 30 minutes, let it sit in the refrigerator.
- This is best if served chilled. The flavors will blend best if it's allowed to sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer before eating.
- Save time by using store bought pico de gallo and boiled shrimp.
- Use parsley instead of cilantro if you don't like it.
- Omit the hot sauce to keep it from being spicy, or add more to kick it up a notch!
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1560mg | Potassium: 565mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 773IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg