Savory Sausage and Veggie Frittata
- 10 ounce sausage (I think you could do ham, bacon, sausage, italian sausage, or some combo of any of these)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano shredded cheese, divided into two parts
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 leek, washed well and chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 5 Tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
Brown the sausage in a pan that you can put into the oven. Just as it is lightly pink in parts and browned in parts, add the chopped leeks and cook until they are soft.
Add the mushrooms and the spinach and cook until wilted. Take the pan off the heat. Add red pepper flakes if using.
Now, in a separate bowl mix together the half and half , eggs, and half the cheese and the freshly ground pepper.
Pour the egg mixture over the meat and veggies.
Lay out the campari tomatoes on top of them. I'm not very talented at food decoration but you could make this look beautiful if you tried.
Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top.
Bake for 30 minutes until the top is lightly brown and the eggs are set. I then broiled mine on high to get the eggs a bit browned.
Serve with a side salad and you're ready to go!
Calories: 1729kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 104g | Fat: 128g | Saturated Fat: 50g | Cholesterol: 1264mg | Sodium: 3097mg | Potassium: 2646mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 9410IU | Vitamin C: 64.7mg | Calcium: 1006mg | Iron: 12mg