Easy Chicken Korma | Instant Pot Recipe
Make this Indian Chicken Korma Recipe in your Instant Pot! Perfect for low-carb and gluten free Authentic chicken korma in less than an hour, start to finish. So throw away that mystery canned jar of korma sauce already!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 green Serrano pepper Jalapeño, or Thai chile pepper
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger minced
- 1 ounce cashews (or sub with almonds if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne (adjust to your preference)
- 1/2 cup Water ( I used this to slosh about in the blender jar and then poured it into the Instant Pot)
Blend together onion, tomatoes, serrano, ginger, garlic, cashews, turmeric, salt, cayenne, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, cumin, and coriander.
Pour the sauce into the inner liner of your Instant Pot. Rinse out the blender container using the water, and pour water into the pressure cooker liner as well.
Place the chicken on top and push it down into the sauce.
Set it at High Pressure for 10 minutes, and let it release pressure naturally.
Carefully take out the chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
Add coconut milk and the additional 1 teaspoon garam masala. Put the chicken back in to combine.
Garnish with cilantro if you'd like.
- Substitute heavy cream or half and half for coconut milk if you prefer.
- I ask you to add the coconut milk at the end, since sometimes it can separate under pressure, leaving a greasy slick on top of the food.
- For a slow cooker version, cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours
- Vegetarian Options - Paneer, Mixed Veggies, or Cooked Chickpeas. In this case, add 1/4 cup of water to the sauce. To the cooked sauce, add your paneer, or chick peas and heat through.
- You could use chicken breasts instead, just butterfly them sideways so you have thinner pieces of chicken and cook for 6 mins
- If having trouble with your IP burning, try the PIP method and increase time to 15 mins.
- That last spoon of garam masala is getting added at the end for fragrance.
- You can hard cook some eggs and add them to any leftover korma sauce you may have.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 453mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.5mg