Instant Pot Low Country Boil
This Instant Pot Low Country Boil is the best and easiest recipe to make Cajun Shrimp and Sausage. It's delicious, gluten-free, and done in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1/2 pounds smoked sausages cut into four pieces
- 4 ears corn
- 2 red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana Shrimp and Crab Boil
- Water to cover the above
Place the sausage, corn, and potatoes in the pot and cover with water.
Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 4 minutes.
Meanwhile in a pan over medium-high heat, melt the better.
Add minced garlic and sauté well while stirring, allowing the butter to boil and take on the garlic flavor.
Add all other spices and mix well, and taste it. Be sparing with these spices otherwise, your sauce will get quite salty. Most of the flavor will come from the butter and garlic, anyway, and you can add the plain hot sauce for heat if you need. Leave this sauce to warm in the pan. By this time your Instant Pot should be done. Once your Instant Pot is done, perform a Quick Pressure Release, and open the lid carefully. Check to ensure the potatoes are cooked. Mine were very tender, but not mushy.
Throw in your shrimp and stir. As soon as the shrimp turn pink, take them out, and then take out the corn, potatoes, and sausage.
Put everything bit by into the sauce, stirring well to coat everything with the spiced butter goodness, starting with the shrimp so they have to cook just a little more.
Serve immediately and be prepared for everyone to want to dip their food into the sauce left in the serving pot.
Adjust this as you need to feed children or adults who can't tolerate spice, by simply relying on butter, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon pepper to add flavor to the butter.
- It's really, really important to not pressure cook the shrimp in this recipe. They take no time at all to cook, and if you try to cook it with the potatoes and corn, they will turn into a rubbery mess.
- It's ALL about the sauce in this recipe so don't skimp on the butter and seasonings.
- Make a double batch of veggies, and just freeze half of them. The next time you want this, you can put the frozen vegetables into the Instant Pot. You won't need to increase the time to cook from frozen.
- You can also make this shrimp without the veggies if you want a low carb, fast and easy stovetop recipe. Just shrimp and seasoned butter, and you're good to go.
- Watch the video in this post to see how to make this recipe.
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 990mg | Potassium: 670mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 2.6mg