Instant Pot Hummus
This Instant Pot Hummus is creamy and full of flavor. It's all the flavor of store bought hummus at a fraction of the cost and super easy to make!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, dried
- hot water, to cover the chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3-4 cloves Garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)*
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (put into a small pan and toast over low-medium heat until they turn light brown)
Soak the chickpeas in hot water for 1 hour. Consider doubling the amount you're making so you will have leftovers for chana masala or other yummy dishes.
Once they're soaked, place in an Instant Pot with enough water to cover, add a little salt to taste, and pressure cook them for 20 minutes at High Pressure. Use Natural Pressure Release.
Drain the beans and reserve about 1/4 cup of the water. You need about 1 cup of cooked chickpeas.
Place all ingredients except garnish in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
Process until smooth.
Pour into a bowl and decorate with garnish ingredients.
- Rinse and remove debris from the dried chickpeas.
- After they have soaked in water, you know they are done when the chickpeas split easily between two fingers.
- Toast whatever nuts you have in your pantry for a depth of flavor and an added crunch to the hummus!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 52mg | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.5mg