Keto Chicken Biryani
This Low Carb Chicken Biryani recipe is Low-Carb Indian Food at it's best. Cauliflower and ground chicken make up this spicy, delicious low carb recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1 Red Onion sliced thin
- 1 Jalapeño pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste (or 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower riced
Heat a 10-inch deep pan or skillet and add ghee.
Add the onions, cooking until they brown at the edges, about 10 minutes.
Turn on your exhaust fan, add the ginger garlic paste and the jalapeño, and cook for a minute or two.
Put in the ground chicken, break up clumps and cook until chicken is no longer raw. Once it releases water, add in all the spices and mix very well. Keep cooking until the water evaporates, and the spices are well-mixed in.
Use 1/2 c of water to deglaze the pan, scraping up the bits of brown from the bottom.
Add in chopped cilantro and mint, and the uncooked riced cauliflower.
Mix everything very well and cover with a lid.
Turn the stove on low and let all of it simmer slowly together for the flavors to meld, and the cauliflower to cook slightly. Your goal is to let the cauliflower cook a little without getting mushy.
Taste and add salt as needed.
- To "next level" this biryani, you can add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cayenne as well.
- Feel free to use ground turkey, ground beef, or ground lamb with this dish.
- You cannot make this dish in the Instant pot, unless you want mushy cauliflower. It cooks so quickly on the stovetop, it's really much faster, and much tastier this way.
- Watch the video to see how easy this is to make. It will take you longer to chop everything than it will take to cook it, so don't hesitate to make this!
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g