Instant Pot Mexican Caldo De Res
This instant pot Caldo De Res gives you real Mexican flavor in less than an hour. It's a flavorful & comforting way to create a traditional Mexican recipe!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
For the first cooking cycle
Vegetables to add for second cooking cycle
- 8 cups of mixed vegetables including:
- 1/4 head cabbage cut in wedges
- 8 whole red potatoes halved
- 1 ear of corn cut in 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 chayote squash cut into 2-3 inch pieces* (see note)
Put all ingredients listed under first cooking cycle into the Instant Pot, set on high pressure for 20 minutes, and when done, release pressure quickly.
Add in all vegetables for a second cooking cycle, and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. Release pressure quickly.
Taste and add additional salt or water as needed.
- You could also make Caldo de Pollo with chicken legs in much the same fashion, you'd just have to adjust cook times down to about 10 minutes for bone-in legs.
- Bone in beef shank can be used too to keep the recipe more traditional-it just may be difficult to find!
- The hardest part of this recipe for me was cutting the corn cobs into 1-2 inch pieces. I got it done but I might use the larger, frozen corn ears next time save myself someÂ trouble.
- No chayote squash? A zucchini can be subbed-just don't cook it under pressure. Let it steam at the end.
Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 604mg | Potassium: 180mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1397IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg