Vegetarian Butter Chicken with Soy Curls | Instant Pot Recipe
This Instant Pot Keto Vegetarian Butter "Chicken" with Soy Curls recipe has all of the flavors of the famous Twosleevers Butter chicken recipe--in a flavorful vegetarian version.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 4 ounces butter cut into cubes (use coconut oil if dairy free)
- 4 ounces Heavy Cream (use full-fat coconut milk if dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- ¼-1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Put in tomatoes, soy curls, water, and spices into the inner liner of your Instant Pot. Close the lid and set the pot to cook at high pressure for 6 minutes.
Allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then release remaining pressure.
Turn your Instant Pot on Sauté, and add the butter and cream (or substitutes) and allow them to melt while mixing. Use the back of your spoon to crush any large tomato pieces.
Mix in the remaining 1 teaspoon of garam masala and cilantro, and serve.
- Soy curls do not have to be soaked beforehand if you're using them in a pressure cooker. The high heat, steam, and time under pressure seem to rehydrate them just fine.
- You can use Greek Yogurt in place of the heavy cream.
- If you are vegan, you can use coconut milk, and coconut oil as replacements for the cream and butter.
- If you don't have soy curls readily available, use Paneer or Tofu. But I urge you to click on the link and get those soy curls, since I think you'll find them to be quite versatile and useful.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Fiber: 2g