Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is a creamy, rich, low carb dish made quickly in the Instant Pot or your Pressure Cooker.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum (sub with arrowroot starch, corn starch or other thickener)
Ready to make this tonight? Click the GET INGREDIENTS box below to shop
Turn Instant Pot on Sauté on high, and when it's hot, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add onions and garlic and stir.
Add beef, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and water.
Close the pressure cooker and set to 20 minutes on high pressure, Let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Then, release any remaining pressure.
Open the pot and turn it on to Sauté, and add slowly add sour cream and stir.
Shake in the xanthum gum a little at a time, and keep stirring until the mix thickens.
If you're using corn starch etc., mix a slurry with a little water and use it to thicken.
Serve with cauliflower rice or low carb noodles.
- You can use pork instead of beef if you prefer.
- For larger, tougher pieces of meat, you will need 20 minutes of cook time. If you have smaller, more tender pieces, start with 10 minutes of cook time.
- If you want to make this with chicken, cook for about 8-10 minutes for thighs, and about 6-7 minutes for chicken breast.
- To make this in the slow cooker or crock pot, add everything except the sour cream. Cook on high for four hours or low for 8 hours until the beef is cooked. Then, add in sour cream.
- Add sour cream slowly, stirring all the while to keep the cream from curdling.
- When you want to reheat the leftovers (that is if there are any), cook on low heat to prevent the sour cream from separating.
- If you're using Xanthan gum, stir it in the Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff and whisk. Do not try to make a slurry with it, as you would with corn starch and water.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.6mg