Spicy Tuna Salad | Low Carb Sushi Roll
Low Carb Spicy Tuna Salad with no roll, no rice, and still delicious. This is my version of a carby spicy tuna roll–minus the carbs and the rolling. This method gives you the taste you crave, without the work of rolling up the sushi. Plan to eat it within 24 hours of making it.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound sushi grade Tuna diced
- 2 cups cucumbers diced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion diced
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet nori sliced into strips, optional
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds optional
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds optional
Dice quality sushi-grade raw tuna and place into a large bowl.
Mix Mayonnaise, sriracha, lemon juice, and salt.
Toss everything together and chill.
- This is not a make ahead recipe. You can prep ahead, but the acid from the lemon juice starts to cook the raw tuna, so add the dressing last.
- Same with the avocados, they start to turn brown, so add the avocados right when it is serving time.
- You can also make this recipe with cooked shrimp.
- Your choice to roll the salad in the Nori or serve as an appetizer.
- If you decid to roll it, chop all ingredients kinda small so they'll roll easily.
- Make sure you eat this within 24 hours of making it.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 24g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Iron: 2mg