Smoked Salmon and Cheese Timbale
Smoked Salmon Timbale is all about the elegant presentation that takes 15 minutes or less to make. Held together with creamy and slightly sweet Marsarpone balance perfectly with the salty smoked salmon. Serve with a side salad for a satisfying supper of fat and flavor.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
Mix together mascarpone cheese, onions, lemon juice, capers, chives, salt and pepper. Cut salmon into bite size pieces.
Use either a 3.5 inch biscuit cutter, to make this appetizers to get perfect circles. Place a biscuit cutter on a small serving plate and use it as your guide.
Cut a salmon slice in half. Place the two halves on the plate, within the biscuit cutter. Top with ¼ of the cream cheese mixture. Top with an additional slice of salmon cut in half.
Sprinkle chives on top. Repeat for remaining 3 plates. Refrigerate and serve.
- Layer everything as directed (Salmon, cheese mixture,salmon) into a small round pan. Then cut into slices.
- Or even faster? Chop the salmon into small pieces, mix it in with the cheese, and chomp down.
- Use a large deep napkin ring to make perfect circles for the appetizer.
- You are looking for any soft and creamy cheese to offset the flavor of the salmon and to hold the timbale together.
- I do not recommend using salty and crumbling cheeses such as Parmesan or Feta.
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g