Pineapple Mango Salsa
Pineapple Mango Salsa is a fresh and fruity easy Summertime recipe. Perfect for grilling, dipping, or picnicking. Chop and drop, and devour in 10 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 min
Total Time41 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 1 large mango firm peeled and diced
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1 cup Watermelon diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tea Mexican Red Chili Powder
- 1 tea Salt
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Taste, and adjust as needed since fruit can vary in its level of tartness and sweetness.
- To reduce the sugar in this recipe, cut down on the mango and pineapple, and add more cucumber.
- You can also add diced jicama in this recipe.
- Adding corn and black beans to this recipe makes it a great, hearty salad. If you make it ahead of time, the flavors will intensify overnight.
- Be sure to use Mexican chile powder, not cayenne pepper.Â
- You can also serve this as a dip with chips for something a little different. In this case, make small dices.
- Since there is no mayonnaise in this recipe, not only is it vegetarian, but it is also fantastic for summer picnics where food needs to be able to stand the heat without refrigeration.
Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.3mg