Perfect Air Fryer Cheese Grits Recipe
If you haven't had Cheese Grits before, you're missing out on a southern delicacy! These grits are savory, delicious and are made easily in your air fryer!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time17 mins
In a 6-inch heatproof pan, mix together thewater, grits, beaten egg, butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes and mix well. Fold in the shredded cheese. You will have a soupy mixture.
Place the pan in the air fryer basket.
Set the airfryer to 400°F for 10-12 minutes until the grits have cooked and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving to allow the grits to thicken.
If you want to make these in the oven, cook at 400F for 15-18 minutes, until a knife inserted near the center emerges clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving to allow the grits to thicken.
- It's definitely ok to make grits with water, which is what I did in this recipe. However, they are a lot creamier using milk or a milk substitute. Cream isn't easily absorbed though, unless watered down.
- These grits can be saved in the fridge for a couple of days.
- However, they won't be near as good as right after they finish cooking. I wouldn't suggest freezing them for later use.
- This recipe uses INSTANT grits. Stoneground grits will take a lot longer to cook and will need more water. In other words, that's an entirely different recipe!
- Read the article for potential subs for grits.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g