Keto Beef Shawarma
True, there’s no such thing as ground Beef Shawarma. But there is this deliciousness that tastes like a shawarma—minus all the work and time!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Heat a 12 inch sauté pan on the stove on medium heat. When the pan is hot, add oil. To the hot oil, add the ground beef and break up the clumps.
Raise to high heat. Add onions and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Add shawarma mix and salt, and stir well. Mix in the shredded cabbage or slaw mix.
Add 2 tablespoons of water, and place a lid on the pot. No need to stir at this point.
Allow the cabbage to steam for about 1 minutes. Open the lid, and stir well.
Sprinkle in lemon juice if using. Garnish with parsley and serve with a side of Tzatziki if desired.
- Use any sort of ground meat that you prefer
- Use a pre-shredded bag of coleslaw mix to make this go even faster
- Don't forget to make the shawarma spice mix. You can double or triple the recipe, as long as you use it all up within a few weeks.
- Once the beef is cooked, the cabbage takes very little time, so don't overcook it. Otherwise, you will have mush.
- Many people prefer to double the spice in this recipe. Try it as written. If you want a stronger flavor, add the spice, and heat once again while mixing well.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g