Low Carb Soup | Pressure Cooker Sausage Kale Soup
This Low Carb Sausage Kale Soup is loaded with protein and flavor and is one of my favorite things to make. It's sort of like having the best part of a spaghetti sauce but in a soup.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time24 mins
Total Time34 mins
- 1 pound bulk hot or mild Italian sausage hot or medium
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves sliced thinly
- 3 cups chopped kale cut into ribbons stems removed
- 1.5 cups diced tomatoes or 14.5 ounce can tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or canned coconut milk
- Basil leaves
With your Instant Pot on Sauté mode, put olive oil to the pot. Add garlic and onions and stir.
Add the bulk sausage and break up any large pieces. You’re just trying to break up the sausage, not cook nor brown it.
Add kale, tomatoes, water, basil, salt and pepper. Stir and immediately close the lid.
Cook for 5 Minutes high pressure. Allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 mins and then release all remaining pressure.
Add tomato paste and heavy whipping cream or coconut milk and stir to incorporate. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
- Serve over shirataki noodles or regular pasta (optional) or just eat as a hearty soup
- To reduce carbs further, reduce the kale which has about 22 gms net carbs in each cup
Calories: 557kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g