Cioppino Seafood Stew
Make this easy Cioppino Seafood Stew in your Instant Pot for your new favorite Cioppino Recipe. It is low carb and full of flavor.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 4 cups mixed seafood such as fish chunks, shrimp, bay scallops, mussels and calamari rings
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the stew base: Place oil, tomato, onions, carrots or bell pepper, water, wine, bay leaves, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, ground fennel seeds, salt and pepper into the inner liner of the Instant pot. Stir well.
Set Instant Pot at High pressure for 15 minutes. When cook time is complete, let pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure. You can complete these steps and put the soup away in the refrigerator, to finish later. This really helps the flavors in the soup develop, but if you're ready to eat, it's not necessary.
Turn the pot to sauté and add fish, mussels, bay scallops, and calamari rings to the pot. Once the pot boils, add in the shrimp and cook until all the seafood is cooked through. Add lemon juice right before serving.
Serve with crusty bread to mop up all the delicious, savory broth you've just created.
- You can use stock or water instead of the wine
- For Macros, I used bell pepper instead of carrots, and shrimp for the seafood. Please calculate your own depending on what you put in
- You CAN cook seafood in the Instant Pot!
- Yes, this can be reheated the next day. Heat over low heat on the stovetop.
- IF you have the time, make it ahead the day you want to serve this dish for an intense marrying of flavor.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g