Black Rice Pudding
How to get perfect pressure cooker black rice pudding each time. No more over or undercooked rice, make a perfect creamy black rice purdding in your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time50 mins
Place all ingredients for the rice in the inner liner of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
Cook on High Pressure for 22 minutes and allow it to release pressure naturally for 15 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure.
Open the lid and stir the rice vigorously to break up the rice grains and allow it to leach the starch.
Slowly start adding the additional coconut milk while still mixing vigorously. As you do this, the rice is giving up its starchy goodness into the coconut milk and making a beautifully yummy concoction.
You may not need all the coconut milk, but let it sit for 5-10 minutes before you decide that, as the rice continues to soak up the coconut milk. This is a good time to taste and see if it's sweet enough for you. You might have to eat a lot of it to decide that.
Once the coconut milk is absorbed you're ready to eat!
- Make sure you are using good quality black rice! Your rice pudding is only as good as the rice you use, so make sure you get some good rice.
- Rinse and drain the rice as well as you can. Rinsing the rice removes the surface starch from the rice, which will keep it from clumping together and turning into a gooey mess.
- Make sure you measure the water and rice carefully! Too much water and it will be mush, too much rice and it will be crunchy.
- Allow the rice to NPR (natural pressure release) for 10 minutes. This is important to allow it to cook
- Feel free to drizzle some warm coconut milk over the finished Black Rice Pudding for some added coconut goodness.
- You can also add some fruit to the pudding to mix it up a little.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Sodium: 308mg | Potassium: 289mg | Fiber: 1g