Grapefruit Avocado Salad
A delightful lovely light salad is perfect for an elegant brunch or just whenever you want a burst of a tangy summer taste in your mouth. Combine Grapefruit and Avocado with cilantro and mint for a fresh taste–a poem in your mouth.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Blend together all ingredients for the dressing until it is all creamy and emulsified.
Arrange grapefruit and avocado slices in layers on each plate
Sprinkle with chopped mint and cilantro.
Sprinkle chopped nuts.
Drizzle with dressing.
Here are some variations:
- Use oranges rather than grapefruit. It works but honestly, the oranges need to be either very tangy or very sweet. I like grapefruit better.
- Pomelo is fantastic in this
- Use apple cider vinegar or for a sweeter taste, balsamic vinegar
- Parsley instead of cilantro
- Add steamed shrimp to make it a complete meal
- Add butter lettuce to the salad.
- Add halloumi or feta cheese if desired.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g