Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Make this Tandoori Chicken Recipe in your air fryer with a yogurt-based marinade. It's a flavor-packed, low carb chicken recipe that is super easy to make!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time45 mins
In a glass bowl, mix all ingredients except the basting oil, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of cilantro. Marinate for 30 minutes. Open up the air fryer and carefully lay the tandoori chicken in a single layer on either the rack or in the basket of your air fryer. Using a silicone brush, baste the chicken with either oil or ghee on one side.
Cook at 350F for 10 minutes.
Remove and flip over the chicken, and baste on the other side,
Cook for another 5 minutes.
Using a meat thermometer, check to see if the internal temperature has reached 165F. Do not skip this step.
Remove and place on a serving plate. Add lemon juice and mix, and sprinkle with cilantro.
Tips And Tricks
- If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook this recipe in a skillet. Just heat up a skillet until it's screaming hot, add ghee that has a high smoke point and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each size.
- This chicken is marinated in spices. You won't be able to tell if it's done by just looking at the color. Without a meat thermometer, you're likely to overcook the chicken. The best and only way to cook this without making rubber chicken is to use a meat thermometer, and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- I know many dairy-free folks will ask me what they can substitute for yogurt. The closest you could come would be to use lemon juice instead.
- Serve alone as an appetizer
- Serve with green chutney as an appetizer
- Serve with tzatziki or raita as a dip
- Serve with naan as part of a meal. In this case, add some dal and a cold salad to round out the meal
- Make extra and add to your leftover butter chicken sauce
- Eat in lettuce leaves as a low carb wrap
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g