Pressure Cooker Salmon with Orange Ginger Sauce
Orange ginger salmon is a great Instant Pot low carb salmon recipe that is sure to please the whole family. Making salmon in the pressure cooker can be easy and rewarding, once you know learn the basics of Pot-in-pot cooking for seafood recipes.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
Place salmon in a ziplock bag or in a 6-inch pan that fits inside your Instant Pot
Mix all the sauce ingredient and pour over the salmon. Allow it to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
Put 2 cups of water in the inner liner of your pressure cooker.
Place a steamer rack
into the liner.
Place the pan of salmon and sauce on the rack.
Cook for 3 Minutes low pressure.
Allow it to release pressure naturally for 5 mins and then release all remaining pressure.
At this point, you can serve right away or broil for 3-4 minutes for a browned finish.
You could also bake this salmon in a 350F oven until the fish is flaky and done.
- You can substitute regular marmalade for the low sugar version
- Since low sugar marmalades vary, nutritional info does not include macros for the marmalade. Please add that to the total macro counts.
- This will work with any kind of firm-fleshed fish.
- You can do this with frozen fish but it won’t take the marinade as well, so your results could be a little blander.
- You can sub regular soy sauce for dark if you would like.
- If you've never done PIP before, watch the video posted above to learn how it works.
Calories: 166kcal | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g