Pressure Cooker Dae Ji bulgogi Korean Spicy Pork
Savory dae ji bulgogi cooks up flavorful and tender from your Instant Pot or Pressure cooker for a great low carb keto spicy pork dinner. Wrap up the meat in lettuce leaves and enjoy the crunchy, spicy goodness.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
For Marinating and Cooking
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Sliced Green Onions
In the inner liner of your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker, mix up all the marinating and cooking ingredients. Allow this to sit for at least an hour if possible, and up to 24 hours if you need to.
Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes and let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. When 10 minutes are up, release all remaining pressure.
When you open the pot, you will see the well-cooked meat and some very yummy-looking sauce.
Heat up a wide cast iron pan
or some other pan that will get very hot.
To this hot pan, add the pork cubes, and the thinly sliced onion.
Let this get hot and then pour in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the sauce. If you have the heat up high enough this sauce will start to sizzle and caramelize quickly. Mix well with the pork.
You’re trying to get this sauce to evaporate, leaving behind it’s tasty goodness onto the meat.
Once the sauce has evaporated and the onions have softened, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, and serve.
You can use the rest of the sauce from your pressure cooker to serve on the side.
- If you do not eat pork, use beef sirloin or chicken thighs. For chicken, leave the thighs whole, cook for 10 minutes under pressure and then cut up later.
- There is no substitute for gochujang in this recipe. if you buy it, however, I have several gochujang recipes that use this tasty goodness. It keeps well for months in the refrigerator.
- If you are GF, use this brand of GF gojuchang, as some varieties do contain wheat.
- You can sub 1 tablespoon of agave nectar or honey for the Splenda
- Serving suggestions: wrap in lettuce leaves for low carb, or serve over rice.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g