This Beef Stew is such a simple recipe I almost hate to call it a recipe, but it’s so tasty that it’s definitely worth sharing. This recipe is a little unusual for me in that it uses packaged mixes which I don’t often do, but once in a while, they do come in handy.
Super Easy Beef Stew
I made this Beef Stew in the Instant Pot because I was in a hurry, but this will work well in the slow cooker too. It’s got that comfort food feeling and when I first tasted it I thought what it really needed was a nice serving of buttered egg noodles under it. Of course, I don’t eat pasta these days, but I think I might try this with Shirataki noodles for a good low carb meal.
LOOKING FOR MORE QUICK AND DELICIOUS STEW RECIPES? CHECK OUT MY PRESSURE COOKER HAMBURGER STEW RECIPE!
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS IN THE RECIPE CARD TO RATE.
- 1 tablespoon corn starch or arrowroot powder Optional
- 4 tablespoons water
- Throw everything into the Instant Pot except mushrooms and carrots.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes and release pressure quickly. Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for 2 mins at High Pressure and let it release pressure naturally.
- I don't usually like thickeners so I often use 1 cup of cauliflower which cooks down and thickens the gravy. If you're doing this, cook it along with the meat.
- For the slow cooker, put everything into your slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours and on high for 4 hours until the meat is tender.
- If you want a thicker gravy, turn your Instant Pot on to Sauté, and once it's hot and the sauce is bubbling, make a cornstarch slurry and mix in, allowing it to thicken.