Here’s your chance to request specific recipes as I’m looking for ideas. I came back from my trip to find a stash of spices from The Spice House and I can’t wait to get cooking with these! Although I do grind most of my spices, I know not everyone wants to do that. People are always asking me to recommend a brand of spices but I wasn’t comfortable recommending something I hadn’t tried. So I sent off for a few packages to try from The Spice House, and this is what I have at hand. From left to right, this is what we have:
- Garam Masala. This is one I make at home but it’s integral to so many of my dishes that I want to recommend a good quality Garam Masala to those who may not want to make it at home. My Butter Chicken recipe definitely relies on this one.
- Curry Powder. I have told people repeatedly there is no such thing as authentic curry powder–but people want one anyway so I thought I’d try this one and report back.
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. I plan to try this with chicken and will report back as to how it works.
- Baharat. This all-purpose Middle Eastern Spice can be used for a variety of things, but I am thinking of using it to make Kebabs.
- Ras al Hanout. This spice demands some chicken or lamb to keep it company, so I will think a little more on what I can make.
- Streetcar Shwarma. I have a wonderful shwarma recipe which I make my own shwarma mix but I think I will try this and see how it works as a substitute.
- Tandoori Seasoning. I opened this and took a whiff of it and my eyes rolled back into my head, it was that good. I’m super excited about trying to make Tandoori Chicken with this one today.