I love chicken with peanut butter. But there's something about putting everything into a slow cooker and letting it make on its own that's very rewarding. This Slow Cooker Thai Chicken recipe has a good mix of sweet, hot, tart and creamy, and is super simple.
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken | Low Carb
This Slow Cooker Thai Chicken recipe is the perfect combo of sweet and savory. The peanut sauce adds a wonderfully creamy texture, sweetness and heat that really elevates the flavor of the chicken.
And since this is a Keto slow cooker recipe, it's super easy and great for those days you don't have the time to make a strenuous dinner. You just load everything into your crockpot and let it do the rest. And did I mention it's low carb as well?
You may be able to eat two servings of this slow cooker chicken if you can finish one chicken thigh at a time. I can't, so I've listed this as four servings. Putting it over cucumbers will be tasty and filling.
What Is Thai Peanut Sauce Made Of?
There's no "right" answer to this question. There are a lot of different variations. When I cook I tend to improvise A LOT. That being said, the main components of the sauce for this Thai Chicken are peanut butter, soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, and sriracha. Add a little lime, some garlic, and salt to taste and you have a delicious Thai peanut sauce.
Why Should I Make Thai Chicken In A Slow Cooker?
Making this Thai peanut chicken was a delight for my tastebuds and my nose. All of the smells melding together while the dish cooked was a delight.
Using the slow cooker allows the flavors of the peanut butter and the Thai chili sauce to completely infuse into the chicken thighs. Plus, the convenience of the slow cooker can't be beat. Just pour and cook.
Delicious Slow Cooker Thai Chicken done in a matter of hours while you go about your day? Yes, it's true. Just pour, cook and enjoy. If you really like this recipe, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so you can make it again later.
Want More Thai Recipes?
- Panang Curry- An easy Instant Pot Recipe
- Thai Curry Soup- Loaded with flavor.
- Spicy Basil Beef- Served with fresh quick pickled veggies.
- Thai Yellow Curry Baked Chicken Thighs- an oven recipe.
- Black Rice Pudding- an incredible dessert.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- Lay chicken into the crock pot.
- Mix all the other ingredients together and pour over chicken. You do not need to add water or any other liquid. The chicken and other ingredients will make their own juice.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Shred the chicken so that it's all covered in the sauce.
- Add more sriracha if you need.
- Serve over Cucumber "noodles".