I was reading this book on foods you should eat before you die (who knew there was such a thing?) and one of the things it listed was Sangkhaya, a Thai coconut custard dessert that’s baked inside a squash. It looked amazing and I thought I’d try it, since I just happened to have an acorn squash sitting around.
But my squash was quite small so I had some custard left over, and I decided to cook that on it’s own. If you want to make Sanghkaya inside an acorn squash follow this recipe here. You could cook it simply in a dish by itself, put it all into an acorn squash or do what I did, which is filled up the acorn squash and then cooked the leftovers in a separate Instant Pot to have some custard by itself.
The Recipe Steps for the Instant Pot Keto Thai Coconut Custard are:
- Blend together all ingredients
- Cook PIP for 30 minutes HP, NPR
- Chill & Serve.
- Blend together the eggs, milk, sweetener and the pandan extract, and pour it into a 6-inch heatproof bowl. Cover with foil.
- Place 2 cups of water into your liner, place a trivet in the liner, and place your bowl onto the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes and let it release pressure naturally. A knife inserted into the custard should come out clean.
- Cool in refrigerator until the custard is set.