This is a recipe for an Instant Pot Keto Cake. Anyone who knows me, knows I love cake. I mean, I LOVE cake. Love it. But I’m really trying to low carb again, and I can’t eat the real thing. Also to be honest, lately it’s kinda not doing it for me. I have been, as my friend Kirsten calls it, “dessert disappointed”. The store-bought stuff is just not cutting it for me.
I’ve been trying and trying, and failing and failing to bake something with almond flour that’s actually worth eating. Which, by the way, is an expensive hobby, given how expensive almond flour is. I’m happy to report that I have finally managed to make a drool-worthy product that I would make and eat even if I weren’t trying to low-carb.
I baked a previous version of Keto Cake and it turned out a toasty golden brown, so I know you can definitely bake this and get a great dessert. But I made this in my pressure cooker just to try it out and the result was a beautifully moist cake. I don’t use any icing on this cake but I’m not a huge icing fan and honestly it tastes really good by itself.
The recipe steps for this Instant Pot Keto Gluten-Free Coconut Almond Cake are:
- Mix dry ingredients
- Pour in wet ingredients and blend. Pour into a 6-inch cake pan.
- Put a steamer rack in the Instant Pot with 2 cups of water in the liner, place foil-covered cake on trivet
- High pressure for 40 minutes, with 10 mins NPR, release remaining pressure
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Pour in wet ingredients one by one, mixing well with each addition.
Pour into a 6-inch round cake pan and cover the pan with foil.
Place 2 cups of water into your instant pot liner, and put in a steamer rack on top.
- Set your Instant Pot for 40 minutes at High Pressure, let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and release remaining pressure.
Carefully take out and pan and let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Upend the cake onto a plate. sprinkle with coconuts, almonds, or powdered sweetener if desired and serve..