How much cauliflower rice can a person eat? I mean, a lot but how much of it can you eat before you’re craving a change? I made Low Carb Chicken Biryani yesterday with riced cauliflower and I had some left over. I have a simple baked Cauliflower and Cheese recipe as well, but I wanted to see how it would work in the Instant Pot, since my previous recipe requires cooking the cauliflower first. This is a fast, creamy, keto-friendly recipe that makes a good side dish to spiced meats.
I know some people refer to these types of recipes as cauliflower mac and cheese. None of them taste like mac and cheese really. I’d rather just call it what it is, which is cauliflower with cheese.
Okay I know you’re going to think my timing is off on this. Who cooks riced cauliflower for 5 minutes and lets it NPR? What I discovered is that if you’re cooking it PIP, it actually takes that long. I had to remake it to be sure, since the first time I only let it cook for 1 minute and it was nowhere near done. So trust the recipe, and do it for 5 minutes as specified.
Be sure to use a heatproof pan that can be put under the grill as well, as you’ll want to brown the cheese a bit. This dish is best eaten hot.
- 2 cups cauliflower riced
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a heatproof bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil.
- Place 1.5 c of water in the Instant Pot, and put in a trivet. Place the covered pot on the trivet.
- Set your Instant Pot to 5 mins at High Pressure, and allow it to release pressure naturally for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat the oven broiler and place the cooked cauliflower under it, and broil until the cheese is brown and bubbling. Serve immediately.