$2,276.00 – $2,662.00
TwoSleevers Thailand Culinary Tour
- Duration:7 nights / 8 Days
- Location: Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai
- Product code:THAILAND
Our Travel Philosophy
We choose places where the US dollar is strong, where the food culture rocks, and the locals really benefit from our visits. The tours are food and learning focused. We combine a few tourist activities with activities and places that regular tourists rarely see.
These are luxury trips, and we make them as all-inclusive as possible. From the time you arrive until you leave, the only times you will need your wallet are to shop, or to order alcohol and other incidentals. Food, drink, transport and ALL TIPS are included in your very low price!
UPCOMING TRIP DATES
October 01, 2019 – October 08, 2019
THAILAND CULINARY TOUR:
On each food-focused trip, a small group of us (up to 25 travelers) will head on a 7-night, 8-day to Bangkok, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai. The week will be a mix of major sites in big cities and smaller villages. Each itinerary includes expert-led tours, cooking classes, market visits, home visits, boutique accommodations, and a great group of fellow travelers.
Want some visuals and honest feedback from other travelers? Check out the Facebook group for photos and details from prior trips.
DAY 1 – BANGKOK: (October 01, 2019)
- Arrive Bangkok. You will be met on arrival and transferred to the hotel.
- Check in at the hotel.
- In the evening explore the local food near the hotel
DAY 2 – BANGKOK: (October 02, 2019)
- Explore the morning Market
- Later transfer by boat to a special
- Visit Or Tor Kor Food Market
- Dinner at a local restaurant.
DAY 3- BANGKOK : (October 03, 2019)
- Visit Maeklong Railway Market
- Boat ride to the Floating Market.
- Visit a Coconut Plantation
- Cooking demonstration where you will learn to make Thai Desserts and other dishes
- After lunch, visit the Seafood market at Samut Sakorn.
- Evening: Bangkok Night Food Tour
DAY 4 – BANGKOK / AYUTTHAYA / BANGKOK (October 04, 2019)
- Drive to Ayutthaya, an excellent introduction to the architectural heritage of this ancient capital.
- Visit a Farmer’s House. Learn the techniques involved in processing
- Cooking demonstration
- After lunch visit the Ayuthaya Historical Park – the legendary (former) capital of the Kingdom of Siam.
- Dinner at a local restaurant
- Explore Bangkok’s popular Chinatown to explore the vibrant street-side cuisine.
DAY 5 – BANGKOK / PATTAYA (October 05, 2019)
- Check-out and leave for Pattaya, a resort island located on the East Coast of the Gulf of Thailand
- Visit Rayong Smile Plant to learn about fruit orchards.
- Lunch with a fruit buffet.
- Drive to Pattaya
- In the evening enjoy Street Food
- Attend an Arcaza Cabaret Show
DAY 6 – PATTAYA / BANGKOK / CHIANG MAI (October 06, 2019)
- Visit Pattaya Floating Market.
- Wine Tasting with lunch at Silverlake
- Return to Bangkok, connecting flight to Chiang Mai
DAY 7 – IN CHIANG MAI (October 07, 2019)
- Visit the Morning Market in Chiang Mai
- Cooking Class
- Visit the 14th century Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Temple, one of the holiest Buddhist temples in Northern Thailand. Access to the temple is via 300 steps from the car park. If you would rather avoid the climb, you can take the elevator trolley from the car park.
- Visit the Chiang Mai Flower Park.
DAY 8 – DEPART CHIANG MAI (October 08, 2019)
- After Breakfast, visit the Handicraft Village
- Transfer to airport for your onward flight home.
Full payment due at time of booking. We keep prices low by pre-booking trips and getting attractive prices. Last minute cancellations hurt the whole group.
OUR TRAVEL STYLE
Each trip has been specially customized and curated by TwoSleevers. We go on each of these trips ourselves and on the first trip, we vet and customize every aspect of the trip. Adjustments are made on the fly, and feedback from the group is sought. The next trip reflects all of these changes.
DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SAFETY?
This is a luxury experience. We stay in nice places, and we eat in clean, healthy places. We stay away from 5-star hotels which tend to be very Westernized, but the hotels we choose are on the higher end.
HOW PHYSICALLY STRENUOUS IS THIS TRIP?
We have people with varying physical abilities. While most places and buses in Thailand aren’t geared toward wheelchair travelers, many of us have to sit out some activities due to heat or exertion. Allowances are made for all of us.
We want to show you all that we love about a place and introduce you to our local friends and markets so you get an insider’s view into the region. We want you to experience the real Thailand and enjoy visiting places and markets that typically are not on tourist itineraries.
WHY TRAVEL WITH US?
Here are a few reasons people love traveling with us:
- Unique Experiences: Many of the experiences in our itineraries are one-of-a-kind and only accessible with TwoSleevers. You will visit homes, local markets, side streets, and places that tourists do not typically get to see—all while eating and learning how to cook some amazing dishes.
- Friends on The Trip: These trips are geared toward those in the TwoSleevers Facebook Group. This means that you have a chance to get to know fellow travelers ahead of time. It also means that your fellow travelers are likely to be like you: culturally curious, foodies, who are non-judgmental. Most of us have struck up close friendships before, during, and after the trips.
- Hand-picked guides: Alka Sharma has been in the travel business for over 30 years. We use only her hand-picked guides and contacts.
- Expert Hosts: Not only do we know our TwoSleevers travelers well, we also have deep knowledge about each area we travel. In each area, we partner with local experts.
- Planned Itinerary: Our itineraries are planned so that each day has anywhere from 4 to 8 hours of activity, plus sufficient downtime so that you can just hang out and get to know your fellow travelers.
- Free Time: That said we always offer some optional activities and we always squeeze in some downtime so you can relax.
- Supporting Local Economies: We choose places where the USD is strong, and where local economies benefit from our visit. The local markets, artisans, guides, shop owners etc. are grateful for your business, and you come home with great finds at great prices. We see this as a win-win, and as a way to have a positive emotional and economic impact on the places we visit.
- Accommodation for seven nights at places specified in the itinerary, on a twin share basis
- All meals as specified in the itinerary starting with Dinner on Day 01 and ending with Breakfast on Day 08
- 7 buffet breakfasts at hotels
- 6 lunches
- 7 dinners
- Transportation by one air-conditioned coach
- Estimated economy class airfare Bangkok/Chiang Mai (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Services of a local English-speaking guide throughout
- Entrances fees at monuments included in the sightseeing tours
- Boat rides as specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities to local hotel staff, restaurants, guide, driver and Tour Manager
- Porterage and tips to bellboys at the hotels
- Currently applicable taxes
- International airfare, travel insurance, India visa fees
- Accommodation and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Lunch Day 1 and Day 8
- Dinner on Day 8
- Expenses of a personal nature such as soft beverages, alcoholic drinks, laundry, telephone/internet charges or room service.
- Any services not indicated above
- Any increase in costs beyond our control such as taxes and levies, fuel price hike, etc.
- Any extra excursions or events you plan
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
THE FINE PRINT
We require you sign a waiver holding Blue Glass Jar Inc. not responsible for any travel mishaps. Instead, please get travel insurance so you are covered.
Required Trip Insurance
Please note that trip insurance is required to join us on a Twosleevers trip. FYI most major credit cards (such as American Express, CHASE Sapphire, and Capital One) offer complimentary insurance when you purchase using their card.
No refunds can be issued after 60 days prior to the trip (August 1, 2019 for this trip). We keep prices low by pre-booking trips and getting attractive prices. Last minute cancellations hurt the whole group.
Please note we only run trips with 10 or more guests. If a trip has fewer attendees at 45 days before the trip, we will cancel and refund your deposit.
We provide rates for single, double, and triple occupancy.
If you do not have a travel partner, you can purchase a single occupancy room and have it all to yourself! If you would like a roommate, please post in the Facebook group and see if someone is interested in rooming with you. It is up to you to find a suitable roommate.
If you don’t get along with your roommate, TwoSleevers is not responsible for this 🙂
Single Occupancy, Double Occupancy (per person), Triple Occupancy (per person)