$2,600.00 – $3,265.00
TwoSleevers North India Culinary Tour
- Duration:9 Days (approx.)
- Location: Delhi, Jaipur, Agra
- Product code:NORTH_INDIA
Our Travel Philosophy
We choose places where the US dollar is strong, where the food culture rocks, and the locals really benefit from our visits. The tours are food and learning focused. We combine a few tourist activities with activities and places that regular tourists rarely see.
We want you to experience the country as the locals do, while not skipping major sites. So in Agra, you will see the Taj Mahal—but you won’t see 5 other monuments. Instead, you will have a chance to have a home cooked meal after a cooking lesson, and you’ll be able to shop in some small stores.
These are luxury trips, and we make them as all-inclusive as possible. From the time you arrive until you leave, the only times you will need your wallet are to shop, or to order alcohol and other incidentals. Food, drink, transport and ALL TIPS are included in your very low price!
UPCOMING TRIP DATES
November 2, 2019 – November 10, 2019
NORTH INDIA CULINARY ADVENTURE
On each food-focused trip a small group of us (up to 20 travelers) will head on a 7-night, 8-day to Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra, as well as a few local stops along the way. The week will be a mix of major sites in big cities, smaller villages, and local shops. Each itinerary includes expert-led tours, cooking classes, market visits, home visits, boutique accommodations, and a great group of fellow travelers.
Want some visuals and honest feedback from other travelers? Check out the Facebook group for photos and details from prior trips
Quality of Trips
This trip is customized and vetted by Urvashi Pitre. I have personally gone on this trip and worked with my friend Alka Sharma to customize it to suit the needs of foodies who love adventure and want to experience the real India.
DAY 1 – DELHI: (November 2, 2019)
Arrive Delhi, Check in time 02:00 PM
DAY 2 – DELHI:( November 3, 2019)
Breakfast|| Tour of City || Visit spice market and shop for cooking utensils || Shopping at Artisan Village||Lunch at a great restaurant || Dinner with demo by chef at Hotel
DAY 3-DELHI :( November 4, 2019)
Breakfast || Visit Sikh Temple & Humayun’s Tomb |Indian Chinese lunch || Shopping in local market || Dinner demo at a private home
DAY 4-DRIVE TO AGRA (November 5, 2019)
Breakfast || Drive toward Agra in air-conditioned bus || Visit Itimad-ud-Daulah || South Indian Lunch || Agra Fort|| Cooking demo at private home
DAY 5 – AGRA/SMALL VILLAGE (November 6, 2019)
Early Breakfast || Sunrise visit to Taj Mahal || Drive To Small Indian Village || Spectacular lunch and stay in a grand heritage hotel|| Tour of Village|| Dinner at Hotel ||
DAY 6 -VILLAGE/JAIPUR(November 7, 2019)
Bird Sanctuary || Breakfast at hotel || Visit to a traditional Step well || Lunch at small, intimate camp || Drive to Jaipur || Dinner at hotel
DAY 7 – JAIPUR(November 8, 2019)
Breakfast || Vegetable & Flower Market || City Palace || Lunch in the city || Shopping at local Markets || Dinner at a magical resort with elephants
DAY 8 – JAIPUR(November 9, 2019)
Breakfast|| Jaipur fort || Lunch at local restaurant || Shopping at local markets || Cooking demo and dinner
Day 9 –(November 10, 2019) Join South India trip (extra cost for flight to Chennai) OR fly back home via Delhi (Day 10)
Full payment due at time of booking. We keep prices low by pre-booking trips and getting attractive prices. Last minute cancellations hurt the whole group. No refunds can be issued after September 1, 2019, for this trip.
OUR TRAVEL STYLE
Each trip has been specially customized and curated by TwoSleevers. We go on each of these trips ourselves and on the first trip, we vet and customize every aspect of the trip. Adjustments are made on the fly, and feedback from the group is sought. The next trip reflects all of these changes.
November 2019 will be the third trip to India so all the kinks are worked out and the trip is well optimized.
DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SAFETY?
This is a luxury experience. We stay in nice places, and we eat in clean, healthy places. We stay away from 5-star hotels which tend to be very Westernized, but the hotels we choose are on the higher end.
HOW PHYSICALLY STRENUOUS IS THIS TRIP?
We have people with varying physical abilities. While most places and buses in India aren’t geared toward wheelchair travelers, many of us have to sit out some activities due to heat or exertion. Allowances are made for all of us.
We want to show you all that we love about a place and introduce you to our local friends and markets so you get an insider’s view into the region. We want you to experience the real India and enjoy visiting places and markets that typically are not on tourist itineraries.
WHY TRAVEL WITH US?
Here are a few reasons people love traveling with us:
- Unique Experiences: Many of the experiences in our itineraries are one-of-a-kind and only accessible with TwoSleevers. You will visit homes, local markets, side streets, and places that tourists do not typically get to see—all while eating and learning how to cook some amazing dishes.
- Friends on The Trip: These trips are geared toward those in the TwoSleevers Facebook Group. This means that you have a chance to get to know fellow travelers ahead of time. It also means that your fellow travelers are likely to be like you: culturally curious, foodies, who are non-judgmental. Most of us have struck up close friendships before, during, and after the trips.
- Hand-picked guides: Alka Sharma has been in the travel business for over 30 years. We use only her hand-picked guides and contacts.
- Expert Hosts: Not only do we know our TwoSleevers travelers well, we also have deep knowledge about each area we travel. In each area, we partner with local experts.
- Planned Itinerary: Our itineraries are planned so that each day has anywhere from 4 to 8 hours of activity, plus sufficient downtime so that you can just hang out and get to know your fellow travelers.
- Free Time: That said we always offer some optional activities and we always squeeze in some downtime so you can relax.
- Supporting Local Economies: We choose places where the USD is strong, and where local economies benefit from our visit. The local markets, artisans, guides, shop owners etc. are grateful for your business, and you come home with great finds at great prices. We see this as a win-win, and as a way to have a positive emotional and economic impact on the places we visit.
- Accommodation for seven nights at places specified in the itinerary, on a twin share basis
- All meals as specified in the itinerary starting with Dinner on Day 01 and ending with Breakfast on Day 08
- 7 buffet breakfasts at hotels
- 6 lunches
- 7 dinners
- Transportation by one air-conditioned coach
- Estimated economy class airfare Bangkok/Chiang Mai (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Services of a local English-speaking guide throughout
- Entrances fees at monuments included in the sightseeing tours
- Boat rides as specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities to local hotel staff, restaurants, guide, driver and Tour Manager
- Porterage and tips to bellboys at the hotels
- Currently applicable taxes
- International airfare, travel insurance, India visa fees
- Accommodation and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Lunch Day 1 and Day 8
- Dinner on Day 8
- Expenses of a personal nature such as soft beverages, alcoholic drinks, laundry, telephone/internet charges or room service.
- Any services not indicated above
- Any increase in costs beyond our control such as taxes and levies, fuel price hike, etc.
- Any extra excursions or events you plan
- Anything from room service or the hotel minibar
THE FINE PRINT
We require you sign a waiver holding Blue Glass Jar Inc. not responsible for any travel mishaps. Instead, please get travel insurance so you are covered.
Required Trip Insurance
Please note that trip insurance is required to join us on a Twosleevers trip. FYI most major credit cards (such as American Express, CHASE Sapphire, and Capital One) offer complimentary insurance when you purchase using their card.
No refunds can be issued after 60 days prior to the trip (September 1, 2019 for this trip). We keep prices low by pre-booking trips and getting attractive prices. Last minute cancellations hurt the whole group.
Please note we only run trips with 10 or more guests. If a trip has fewer attendees at 45 days before the trip, we will cancel and refund your deposit.
We provide rates for single, double, and triple occupancy.
If you do not have a travel partner, you can purchase a single occupancy room and have it all to yourself! If you would like a roommate, please post in the Facebook group and see if someone is interested in rooming with you. It is up to you to find a suitable roommate.
If you don’t get along with your roommate, TwoSleevers is not responsible for this 🙂
Single Occupancy, Double Occupancy (per person), Triple Occupancy (per person)