Simple but delicious Low Carb Stir Fried Asparagus with Mushrooms in a light, Chinese-style sauce with oyster sauce is perfect as a 15-minute side dish with every meal. Add a little chicken to this dish and you’ve got a whole meal, or eat as is for a delightful vegan/vegetarian dinner.
There are nights that I need to whip up something quick. The Instant Pot is fast, but sometimes I just want to pan fry some veggies, and that’s how I came up with this Stir Fried Asparagus with mushrooms.
Okay let’s be honest. I came up with it because I had asparagus that was about to go bad. Isn’t that how we all cook??Also, I had company for lunch in an hour– and I was running behind.
It’s vegan and low-carb, and it’s absolutely delicious and filling. The vegetables don’t turn to mush and still hold all their vitamins and nutrients making this an excellent dinner or side dish for just about any night of the week.
You’re only going to use the tender parts of the asparagus for this Stir Fried Asparagus recipe. To prepare the asparagus, hold a stalk in both hands and snap the end.
The stalk will automagically break at the tender point. That’s how you get tender-every-time asparagus! There’s not a lot to this Stir Fried Asparagus recipe, so let’s get cooking!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS LOW CARB STIR FRIED ASPARAGUS MUSHROOM RECIPE
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced ginger cut into matchsticks
- 6-8 cloves garlic chopped roughly
- 1 pound asparagus woody ends snapped off.
- 2 cups portabella or other mushrooms
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the asparagus, hold a stalk in both hands and snap the end. The stalk will automagically break at the tender point. You're going to use just the tender parts.
- Slice mushroom caps into 3-4 slices each.
- Heat a wok or a frying pan and once it is hot, add in ginger and garlic. Be sure the oil is covering the aromatics completely. If you need to, tilt the pan so they are getting well-fried and the oil is taking on their flavor.
- Once the ginger and garlic are starting to crisp, about 2-3 minutes, add in the asparagus and stir so the oil flavors it all. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stir to coat with the oil.
- Pour in the sauce, stir quickly, and cover immediately.
- Allow the vegetables to cook for 3-4 minutes and then serve.
★ Be sure to check out my best-selling Indian Instant Pot Cookbook for other great ideas!
★ You’ll also love these top 20 gadgets for foodies that will complement any kitchen!