Yesterday I posted a picture of my low carb pasta with meat and cheese and veggies and I wanted to add a rough version of a recipe here since I sort of winged it a little bit. But here are the basics. Keep in mind this is now the lowest carb thing you could have, but since most pasta has 3 times as many carbs, for the days you want pasta, this is not a bad thing.
- 4 links hot Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red tomato, chopped
- 6 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped
- 2 servings carba-nada egg fettucini
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat a skillet and mash up the Italian sausage until it looks like ground beef.
- Once it starts to sizzle and renders a bit of oil, add chopped onion and garlic and let the two cook together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and bell pepper and cook until the sausage is cooked through.
Add spinach and tomato, mix everything together, turn heat to low, put a lid on it and let it all simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat water in a large pot and cook your pasta. I cooked mine for 7 minutes.
- Divide pasta into four bowls and put equal portions of topping on each, sprinkle with cheese and serve hot.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.