I’ll admit it. I’m a lazy cook. I demand great flavor with minimal work. My husband is the fancy cook in the house, not me. But that’s why I love cooking curries in the Instant Pot or crockpot. I throw everything in together, don’t bother to brown a thing, and yet it seems to turn out to be quite tasty. So here’s my lazy ground beef curry recipe.
3. Pressure Cooking:
Very little effort for a great pressure cooker ground beef curry that cooks within minutes. Keto, low carb, high fat dish from your Instant Pot.
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef (I used 15% fat to get it juicy)
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin and slices cut into half again
- 2 in minced ginger chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 2 in pieces of Indian Cinnamon Cassia Bark
- 2-3 Cardamom Pods
- 1/2 cup water
- Brown the meat, and when it's all broken up and not one big clump, dump everything else in there. The meat will cook more so you don't need to worry about it being fully cooked at this stage.
- Put in everything else except the peas.
Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
Turn off and let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
Open and add half a cup of peas if you'd like.
- You could and probably should brown the meat in a pan before you put it in. But if you don't feel like it, at least break it up so it's not one big chunk of meat.
Put in everything else except the peas.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Add 1/2 cup of peas toward the last hour of cooking
*If you plan to cook a lot of Indian food, by all means go get these ingredients. But really, it will be quite good without them as well.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.