Instant Pot Keto Ricotta Lemon Cheesecake is a delicious low carb cheesecake with lemon zest for a little zing. Cook this in your pressure cooker to get a smooth and creamy cheesecake. Perfect for the summer when you don’t want to turn on your oven!
This Instant Pot Ricotta Lemon Cheesecake has no crust, mainly because I’m lazy and I don’t like recipes with multiple steps. I have two other low-carb cheesecake recipes, one is a traditional cheesecake without crust and sugar and the other is an old Individual cheesecake recipe that I need to remake since I first made it years ago and now I may be able to improve upon it.
But I had some Ricotta cheese left over from when I made Keto Ricotta Lemon Poppyseed Muffins and I figured I’d try this cheesecake with it and I think this is creamier and thicker than the other cheesecake.
It certainly made a wonderful dessert and the lemon zest in this one upped the taste quotient considerably. In case you’re not quite sure what zesting involves, you’re basically scraping off the beautiful lemon rind, but leaving behind the bitter white inside rind.
So zest the lemon, and then use it for juice so you’re not wasting any of that lemony goodness.
A few little accessories that you can use to make this Instant Pot Keto Ricotta Lemon Cheesecake are:
- Cheesecake Pan
- Steamer Rack to elevate the cheesecake off the water
- Silicone Lids to cover the cheesecake (or use foil)
- Silicone Mitts to take the cheesecake out when it’s done cooking
- Microplane Zester for the Lemon
But of course, you don’t need any of this stuff if you don’t want to use it, just use whatever you have that’s close enough. The cheesecake will still be yummy.
The only thing you must do is plan to let it cool quite completely in the fridge so it is creamy and holds together well.
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tsp Truvia
- Using a stand mixer, all ingredients except the eggs until you get a smooth mixture with no lumps.
- Taste to ensure the sweetness is to your liking.
- Add the two eggs, reduce the speed and gently blend until the eggs are incorporated. Over-beating at this stage will result in a cracked crust.
- Pour into a 6 inch greased spring-form pan and cover with foil or a silicone lid.
- In the inner liner of your Instant Pot, place two cups of water, and a trivet. Place the foil-covered pot on the trivet.
- Cook on High Pressure for 30 minutes, and allow it to release pressure naturally.
- Mix the sour cream and Truvia and spread on the warm cake.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for 6-8 hours.
Don’t forget to check out my Keto Desserts Cookbook!
Featuring recipes for many classic, high-carb favorites that have been reworked to be “fat bombs,” which help keep your macros in balance, as well as prevent you from craving all the things you usually can’t eat when you’re trying to lose weight. Many of the more than 100 recipes require no more than 10 to 15 minutes of prep time, and they taste as delicious and indulgent as they sound—how about Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops, Mocha Cheesecake, or Almond Butter Bombs?