Big problem with being sleeved? Veggies seem to go bad before I can cook them. Started out trying to make a little cauliflower, ended up making a peas paneer because the cauliflower went bad and I didn’t realize that until I had I had added tomatoes and spices to the onions. Oops.
- 2 teaspoons oil (use peanut oil if possible as it has a higher smoke point)
- 1/8 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (grind coriander and cumin together if you'd like)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup Indian paneer
- 1/2 cup half & half , 1/2 c fat-free evaporated milk
Pour oil into a pan that has a well-fitting lid.
- As the oil starts to smoke, put in the mustard and cumin seeds. Wait for a minute or two until they start to pop and sound like popcorn popping.
Put in the chopped onion and cook on medium heat for a few minutes until the onion softens and the edges get brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and 1/2 c of water and stir the mixture well.
- Add all remaining spices and mix. Let it come to a boil for the flavors to meld.
- Pour in half & half or evaporated milk and mix well over low heat until the sauce melds together.
Put in frozen peas and thawed paneer. Cover and cook over gentle heat until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired and enjoy!
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.