It’s been a long time since I’ve posted, but I’ve been cooking once again so I’m about to start posting recipes once again (I hope. I get distracted with life and forget to post the recipes sometimes).Here’s a very simple steamed custard recipe I made in an electric Instant Pot or Instant Pot
High Protein Custard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups Fairlife whole milk
- 4 tablespoons Splenda, baking blend
- vanilla, to taste
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar into a pot that will fit inside your Instant Pot, and place over direct heat until the sugar is melted and browned. Be careful not to burn it.
In a blender, mix together all remaining ingredients and carefully pour on top of the caramelized sugar.
Pour one cup of water in the bottom of the electric Instant Pot, put in a trivet, and place custard pot on top of it.
Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes, let pressure release naturally.
- Put the custard in the fridge to cool. Once cooled, unmold gently and serve cold, perhaps with some whipped cream for additional fat.
- Makes 4 very generous servings.