So I sent my husband to get quinoa and he came back with a bag of chia. You know, chia, quinoa, they all sound the same. Seen one superfood, seen them all, right?
So now I have a bag of chia to play with! yay me! High in fiber, fun to eat, and high in antioxidants. I could work with that.
- 1 pint blackberries (I'm sure any kind of fruit would work)
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk (can use almond, rice, regular milk, whatever you like)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Syntrax vanilla bean torte)
- 2-4 drops almond extract
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
Put all ingredients except chia seeds into a blender and blend well until the protein powder is mixed in and the blackberries are well broken down. I used a vitamix to get the seeds to pulverize.
- Pour into 2 mason jars or containers of choice and add 4 tablespoons of chia seeds to each. Shake to blend.
- Put into the refrigerator and leave overnight so the chia seeds get well hydrated and puffy.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.