This one is a little high in carbs compared to the other recipes on this site, but every once in a while, I’m sure we could make it work within our macros. Erin found this on Skinnytaste but substituted shrimp for the chicken.
Guest Post: Erin's Thai Shrimp and Pineapple Stir Fry
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger minced
- 2 cups bell peppers, cut into cubes
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped (optional or to taste)
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Pineapple and Chili dipping sauce
- cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- Mix shrimp and fish sauce in medium bowl. Add cornstarch; toss to evenly coat. Set aside.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
Add bell peppers, chili pepper if using, and pineapple; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp.
- Add sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until cooked through. Return bell pepper mixture to skillet; stir fry until well blended. Garnish with cilantro.