I was looking for a vegetarian, low carb-high protein option for a few friends and I decided to try this recipe. I used to make it with farfalle pasta in the old days but of course, I can’t do that anymore but I love the taste of this hot oil, and I thought I’d try it with these edamame instead.
- Defrost and cook edamame in a microwave-safe bowl with a little water for 2-3 minutes until they're cooked through but still firm to the teeth since they will cook a little bit more in the oil.
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil and when it is shimmering, add crushed garlic and hot pepper flakes until the garlic is cooked a little bit.
- Add in the edamame and mix it all together well until the edamame are heated through.
- Cover the pot and let the edamame sit in the steam and the flavors for a bit.
- Right before serving, throw in the parmesan cheese and stir well and serve immediately.