Considering pickup up a COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo but unsure whether it’s worth the investment? Check out my unbiased review to help you decide.
I did a full COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo review video you can watch to see how I used and cooked with it. It functions on multiple cooking levels.
I would recommend you watch the video for more details and to watch me test it. But this post also summarizes my review for the COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo.
WHY YOU SHOULD TRUST MY REVIEW
- Air Fryer Cookbooks: I have two best-selling air fryer cookbooks, Every Day Easy Air Fryer and Air Fryer Revolution, so you can feel confident in knowing that I use air fryers on a regular basis, I’m quite familiar with how they work and I know what makes a good air fryer.
- Experienced Reviewer: I’ve done various air fryer reviews in the past, so I have a wealth of knowledge about air fryers and what makes one better than another.
- Gadget geek!: I’m a self-proclaimed food tech enthusiast and have been known to purchase (and review) just about any kitchen appliance I can get my hands on.
COSORI sent me this product for review, but don’t most certainly doesn’t mean my review is biased. I receive a lot of products for review, and if I don’t like the product I simply don’t review it. I chose to review this product because I feel that it is a good option for a lot of people.
It also weighs quite a bit less than the Breville (about 1/3 less), meaning you won’t have to work too hard if you decide to move it from one counter to another.
What Is Included With The COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo?
The oven air fryer combo comes with the following accessories:
- A small recipe book
- Crumb tray
- Air fryer basket
- Food tray
- Wire rack
- Rotisserie fork set
- Rotisserie handle
Here is an image of everything that’s included:
Can I Use My Regular Baking Pans In This Oven?
I tried using my usual muffin pan and it wouldn’t fit inside the oven. In all fairness, the handle section of the muffin pan was quite large.
However, my smaller donut pan and silicon 12 muffin pan fit in quite easily.
I’ve found that most any pan will fit in the oven as long as it is no longer than 14 inches in length, so you should be able to find lots of different pans that will fit quite easily.
How Big Is The COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo? Will It Fit In My Kitchen?
Compared to other air fryers like the Ninja Air Fryer and the COSORI Air Fryer, the COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo is a bit larger. Its dimensions are 21.4 x 17.2 x 12.8 inches to be precise.
Yes, it is much larger than a standard air fryer. However, it also does a lot more than just air fry food.
And not only is it larger on the outside, but it is, of course, larger on the inside as well. This particularly comes in handy for air frying as the air frying basket allows you to spread your food out more evenly, resulting in faster and more even air frying.
I was able to place a 2 1/2 pound bag of chicken wings on the air fryer basket quite easily. There was still plenty of room between each wing, which is ideal for air frying them to crispy perfection.
I attempted to place the same chicken wings into the basket of the Ninja Air Fryer and I was only able to place about half of them in the basket while still allowing enough room between them to allow them to air fry properly.
So if you’re cooking for a family of four, you would definitely want to go with the COSORI Oven Air Fryer as it can cook more food in a single batch.
What Are The 12 Functions Of The COSORI Oven Air Fryer?
When you purchase this Oven Air Fryer Combo, you are getting an appliance that covers a variety of different functions. Here is a list of the 12 standard functions:
- Air Fry
- Keep Warm
The functions have preset cook times and temperatures, but the great thing about it is that each setting is fully customizable.
You can adjust the temp and cook time on just about every function, and the toast and bagel setting allows you to control the darkness of the settings as well.
Is It Easy To Use And Set Up?
If you’ve watched any of my past reviews, you know that I’m not a fan of reading manuals.
I feel that a kitchen appliance should be designed intuitively and should be easy to understand and use without having to read a book on it. Luckily this is the case for the COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo.
Not only are the cooking functions quite easy to use and understand, but I was able to set up the rotisserie fork set (which is probably the most complicated accessory to set up for it) without much effort.
Things To Consider When Using The Oven Air Fryer Combo
- Does the outside get hot? The outside of the oven does get very hot while it is in use. It is an oven after all and should be treated as so.
- Make sure that you do not touch the oven while it is in use and that it has plenty of clearance from other appliances/objects while it is in use.
- It doesn’t really get any hotter than any other toaster oven or air fryer oven that I’ve used, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Just take this into consideration when choosing where to put it in your kitchen.
- Is it Messy? The oven includes a crumb tray, but as with any crumb tray, it can get quite messy. I suggest placing a silicone mat on top of the crumb tray before you use it so you don’t have to worry about having to scrap the crumb tray clean after you use it.
- Is it nonstick? The crumb tray and rack are not non-stick, and even though they can get dirty, I recommend that you do not scrub them. Just place them in a sink of hot water and allow them to soak when they need to be cleaned.
- How does preheat work? The oven does start to preheat when you turn it on, which can be both good and bad depending on what you are cooking. I personally believe in #ruthlessefficiency so I don’t call for any preheating in any of my air fryer recipes.
What Are The Benefits Of The COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo?
Rack indicators: One of my favorite things about the COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo is that there is an indicator on the front of the oven showing you where to place the rack depending on what cooking function you are using.
It takes all the guesswork out of setting the oven up for the various cooking functions, so even a cooking novice could jump right into cooking something without having to read the manual first.
Very Quiet: Another great thing about this Oven Air Fryer Combo is that it is so very quiet. A standard, egg-shaped air fryer is actually quite loud, and I love how quiet this oven is in comparison.
Air Fryer Basket Rack: The air fryer basket actually has its own rack arms for placing it in the air fryer, so you don’t need the standard rack in when you are using the air fryer basket.
What Are The Downsides Of The COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo?
- Preheat annoyance: The one minor annoyance I found with this oven is that it doesn’t go into the cooking cycle once it has preheated. The oven will beep at you until you press start again to begin the cooking cycle.
- Doesn’t Pause when Door is open: One thing I noticed is that the oven doesn’t stop the cook timer when you open the door whereas some other air fryer ovens I’ve used do. Take this into consideration when you are setting the cook time if you plan on opening the oven to check on it, mix or flip the ingredients, etc.
- Preheat is time-based: The preheat on the oven appears to be time-based and not temperature based, so be careful not to cancel the cook timer once it has started. If you do so it will show it’s preheating until the alotted preheat time has passed.
How Does The COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo Cook In Comparison To A Standard Air Fryer?
One thing I noticed is that the chicken wings from the Oven Air Fryer Combo weren’t completely cooked at the end of the cook time, so you may need to add a minute or two to the cooking cycle.
The wings that were cooked in the standard air fryer were a bit darker than the ones that came out of the COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo, but both were cooked to the same internal temperature.
If appearance is of concern to you, you can simply cook them on the broil setting for a minute or so.
A longer cook time is typical of all oven style air fryers considering how much larger they are. It really just depends on how much you plan on cooking at once as to whether you’d prefer a larger air fryer oven over a standard air fryer.
Should I Buy A COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo?
The bottom line is that the COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo is a great all-purpose oven that costs about half the price of its competitors. It is a great multipurpose appliance that can do everything from air frying and broiling to slow cooking and toasting and just about everything in between.
It’s highly customizable and has a large capacity for those times you need to cook for a family or friends.
The preheating function is a bit of an annoyance for me, albeit a minor one. I don’t like that it doesn’t stop the timer when you open the oven during a cooking cycle.
It also takes a bit longer to cook than a standard air fryer, but that’s true of all larger oven-style air fryers.
Overall I think it comes down to personal preference. The COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo is perfect for anyone who is looking for a larger air frying capacity. It’s also great if you’re looking for a single appliance that can complete a multitude of functions taking up a relatively small footprint in your kitchen.
If you found this review helpful, please consider using my affiliate link to purchase your COSORI Oven Air Fryer Combo.
WANT TO TRY SOME DELICIOUS AIR FRYER RECIPES?
- Korean Chicken Wings – spicy and delicious!
- Chicken Jalfrezi – one pan dinner!
- Fruit Hand Pies – easy dessert everyone will love!
- Montreal Steak Burgers – burgers in the air fryer will change your life!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work.
You can find similar recipes in my other Air Fryer revolution Cookbook.