This Bacon Jalapenos recipe is oh so easy and so yummy! My friend Patrick who is a sleever told me about this and I’ve been wanting try them. As delicious as they turned out, I think I’ll try his idea do wrapping corn with bacon and grilling it too.
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove membranes and seeds.
Microwave cream cheese for 10-15 seconds to soften. Divide into the eight peppers.
Wrap bacon around the peppers.
- Bake for about 20-25 mins until the bacon is cooked through.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
So this is where being connected to other sleevers helps. I previewed this with a few other sleever friends and was suggested several additions and variations on this.
- Faye adds soy sauce and a little brown sugar to the cream cheese. How yummy does that sound?
- Heather puts sharp cheddar cheese, garlic and seasonings in hers to get a more savory flavor
- Renee grills hers outside to get a smokey flavor to these little bites
- Patrick adds a sliver of pre-cooked chicken fajita strips to his to boost the protein content.
- I think I might try a variation with ground beef with taco seasoning and mexican cotijo cheese for variety
All great ideas, right? What do you add to yours?