Here’s a lovely no cook salsa that you can have over any grilled fish, shrimp or scallops that you make, or just eat it on tacos filled with Pork Carnitas. You can vary the proportions of cucumber and pineapple for this, to keep the carb content down. I made it with equal amounts of pineapple and cucumber as a test, but I think I’ll add a little extra cucumber so that I can keep sugars down, while still being able to enjoy the taste of pineapple.
Simple, fresh, tangy and crunchy, and made even simpler with the Kuhn Rikon chopper (affiliate link, thank you for supporting my blogging habit at no cost to you) that I love to use.
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- ½ c diced red onion
- ½ c chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Tajin Mexican fruit seasoning(Can sub 2 tsp chile powder)
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeño (optional)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Mix all diced ingredients and let it rest for a while.
- Taste and adjust salt, lime juice, and Tajin as needed.
- Serve with grilled seafood, or as a topping for pork carnita tacos.